Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » More Minecraft!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
More Minecraft!
Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I wonder if multiplayer will be in tomorrow's Secret Friday Update. I'm trying to not get my hopes up, because I know it's unlikely.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

That wouldn't be very secret.

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I'm guessing that one of the secrets will be that Milk is now collectible and usable...

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Indeed it is. Any a few other things which I haven't found any specific info on yet ...

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

We now have slimes!

I'm worried, from the videos and pictures I've seen, they seem to spawn even in light.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Billybob said:

Indeed it is.

Too bad there still is no use for milk :-/

We now have slimes!

I'm worried, from the videos and pictures I've seen, they seem to spawn even in light.

Apparently it is a bug that they spawn in peaceful mode, perhaps it is also a bug that they spawn in light? I hope so or else ... no where is safe!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Whoa, whoa, whoa, the multiplayer option in Minecraft is enabled!!!111 :o???:o???

** EDIT **

Oh, that's what was meant by invite only. :-/ You need a code to get in. :( False alarm.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

bamccaig said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, the multiplayer option in Minecraft is enabled!!!111 :o???:o???

** EDIT **

Oh, that's what was meant by invite only. :-/ You need a code to get in. :( False alarm.

I read the blog first, so that one didn't catch me off-guard. But I'm dancing in anticipation for survival multiplayer!

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I read the blog first, so that one didn't catch me off-guard. But I'm dancing in anticipation for survival multiplayer!

Same here!

I broke my favorite world by hacking the level.dat file to add snow. At first I loved the snow, but then it got kind of irritating (having to clear the snow off blocks to see whats underneath them mainly). So I went and edited the .dat file again and turned snow off thinking for some reason that the snow covering everything would slowly disappear. It did not.

I was fully prepared (and actually excited) to generate a new world when I realized that SMP would be out before too long, which would likely cause me to abandon whatever new world I made, so I started playing Alien Swarm instead. Although, I probably will start up a new world anyways and just sacrifice another world for SMP.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Now you too can be a creeper with a creeper face t-shirt. Creepy!

[edit] The TF2 team seemed to be addicted as well.

Odd, seeing I read that AFTER a round of Minecraft. I wonder how much work will be done on TF2 (or any Valve game) now that the team found Minecraft

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Odd, seeing I read that AFTER a round of Minecraft. I wonder how much work will be done on TF2 (or any Valve game) now that the team found Mine

That is a good question. I'm guessing they may lose a day or two tops before either getting back into work mode...

With survivor multiplayer coming out pretty soon, I'm going to need to purchase another copy for my fiancé. I do not want to get stuck paying the beta price (or even worse, retail price) when I can still get it for alpha price.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

1000 sales in the last 24 hours.

Blizzard is starting to get jealous.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I wonder if the carts would move on track under water. :) Also, I wonder if there's any mechanism to power them, or at least raise them up, so that you could create an infinite loop.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

bamccaig said:

I wonder if the carts would move on track under water.

I believe that water still breaks the tracks (similar to torches). The original behaviour was that when water (or lava) came into contact with a rail tile the rail was destroyed and a spring block of whatever liquid touched the rail was formed in it's place. I don't know if it still makes the spring block or not though. (Still fairly sure that the rail is destroyed though)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Speaking of torches, has anyone else used torches to destroy a column of sand (and gravel)?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Speaking of torches, has anyone else used torches to destroy a column of sand (and gravel)?

Unintentionally, I think I have.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I have. I did so unintentionally the first time and thought to myself it was a pretty good way of removing unwanted gravel / sand without damaging shovels.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Considering most of my map where I'm building a base at (and not using any sort of cheats, outside of playing on peaceful anyway) is made of sand, it makes it hard to dig up without being buried, and once I found that, I use that trick/exploit when there's a chance of sand falling on me.

And yet, there's snow...

---
MiquelFire.red

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Apparently survival multiplayer will be officially released next week. I've been trying to get on the test server, but it's always full.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Powered Mine carts! I gotta go finish my crazy forest tower and build a train system.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Powered minecarts are still a bit buggy. If the collisions happen just right, the cart you're sitting in can end up going faster than the engine. I found myself catching up to the engine from behind on the lopping track I made!

This happened with a chest cart between my rideable cart and my powered cart.

EDIT:

SMP is due to be released in less than twelve hours. A buggy, incomplete SMP, but SMP nonetheless.

We should totally set up an A.cc server.

decepto
Member #7,102
April 2006

I'll set up a server for the allegro.cc community on Linode once Notch releases it.

--------------------------------------------------
Boom!

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Awesome. I can't wait!

EDIT:

;D;D;D:D:D:D YAY!

The Survival Multiplayer Server is available for download.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I theoretically have a (temporary) server running on my desktop at home. The IP is 67.204.14.212 and I left it on the default port.

I was able to connect to it from within my LAN but when I tried to connect to it using the external (non LAN IP) address it failed to connect. I checked canyouseeme.org which said the port was in fact open.

So I dunno. If someone here could try connecting and post their results it would be much appreciated.

Go to: