Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » iPhone 4

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
iPhone 4
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

considering 3g obviously has support for it.

Not AT&T's network. AHAHAHA.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Haha. I hear AT&T users can't tether their iPhones either? That's pathetic. Talk about screwing the user over for no good reason other than to make more money (and it can't even be that much money?).

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I think they allow it with the new plans, but its extra, and it doesn't up your data limit much/at-all.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Video calls without a front facing camera aren't really video calls...

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Video calls without a front facing camera aren't really video calls...

The new iPhone has a front facing camera...?

And so did my first few 3G phones, obviously ;) I think it's just the iPhone that doesn't have one.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

The new iPhone has a front facing camera...?

It has both a front and back camera.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Yes, I know. I just didn't understand his statement.

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

I have a £5 pay-as-you-go phone. It is utterly shit, and I am proud of it. 8-)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I have a phone with two sim cards. And I make everybody at work jealous. Or so I like to think. They all carry two phones. One of them even got a new phone the other day, but never asked for a two sim card model.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

My mobile phone costs me about $15/year. >:(

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I pay that amount every 3.8 days.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

What's the deal with video calls anyway? I've had it since my first 3g phone (like 5 years ago?) and I think I've used it once.

Yeah, I've made exactly one video call. The sole reason for the call being "it's the 21st century and we should have shit like this." ;D
... but yeah.

Billybob said:

It has both a front and back camera.

And finally the iPhone catches up to my... eh... 5 year old regular phone.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

gnolam said:

And finally the iPhone catches up to my... eh... 5 year old regular phone.

I'm sure your 5 year old regular phone has all the features of the iPhone too then, eh?

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Actually? Yeah, pretty much.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Unlikely.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

My mobile phone costs me about $15/year.

You've done well. I go for the cheapest thing I can find, and mine still costs 30 AUD per year. (15 AUD for 180 days).

The iphone looks pretty good, but I don't think I'd like to have one. It's more than double the size of my phone, and has less than half the battery life... and is far more than double the cost. -- But it is jam packed with useful/fun apps - which I couldn't give two hoots about. A few of my friends have them though.

-----------

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I was excited about video calls until they announced it was wifi only. That just ruins it .

Wait, there's stuff that works without wifi on the iPhone?

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Ya, everything else.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'm talking about things that require internet access. I thought Apple restricted 3g access from such apps.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Where did you hear that?

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

From El Stevo himself.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Well you or him must have been high. Probably you.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Steve Ballmer? I didn't think he did drugs.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

I thought you meant Steve Jobs, but it doesn't matter. Basically everything works with 3G that works with wifi. I don't know of anything that doesn't besides this new voice calling thing (which will probably be fixed in a firmware update...)

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Slingplayer never used to. I think they just recently changed that though. Also, the silly filesize download limits with itunes over 3g and such.

Go to: