Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » [TINS 08] The Road to World Domination: Made Simple

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[TINS 08] The Road to World Domination: Made Simple
psycho
Member #5,042
September 2004

Yeah, it's yet another "This is my TINS entry" thread :D

Download
(Sourcecode + Unix binary + Windows binary)

http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/596266

So, you play one of the four virtual 2D spheres (yes, this name is meant to be ironical) and your goal is (in short) to kill the other three spheres in order to win world domination (read readme.txt for details ;) ).

The game is not too fun if you are playing alone, but I think it is so if you got a friend to play against (especially as the second player actually DOES something in that case).

Well, apart from that there's not much to say, just go and play the game :D
Comments are welcome!

EDIT: Uploaded a new version that fixed problems that came up if the program was not run from a console. Also, the intro can now be skipped with ESC.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Quote:

If you want to skip the > one minute lengthy intro, create a file called "skip" in the game directory (it gets automatically created if you have viewed it once).

That is useful information. I assumed your game was just the text, and I closed it and didn't think twice about it.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I get this error running the Windows binary:

Mr. Wombad says: "Dude, you couldn't even manage to initialize Allegro!
Sorry man, but you can't play this game."

psycho
Member #5,042
September 2004

kenmasters1976 said:

I get this error running the Windows binary:

Mr. Wombad says: "Dude, you couldn't even manage to initialize Allegro!
Sorry man, but you can't play this game."

The affected code is only an allegro_init call, so the only thing I can think of is that you need another version of the Allegro dll. I was using Allegro 4.2.2 from the files section at allegro.cc.

Go to: