Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Average age

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Average age
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

A maturity that the young boys just don't possess.

Sometimes. Just like older men can be just as immature as the boys, some boys can be wise beyond their years.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

vbovio
Member #8,283
January 2007

---------------
BovioSoft

Northburns
Member #8,821
July 2007

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

--
sig used to be here

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

26/2+7 = 20
:)

I've seen that formula every time JohnBeak enter #freelunchdesign, but I never bothered finding out what it was for.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

There's nothing wrong, young women are more beautiful than old ones, you can't understand because you're not a man.

That is an extremely seedy and sexist argument, not in the least because it suggests that the only thing that matters is physical beauty. I like my women emotionally and mentally mature, thanks. If that adds a few more years to their age (which it usually will), then that's fine.

Quote:

Well, I don't understand why young women are attracted to older men.

Well, come to that, I don't really understand (on an intuitive level) why women are attracted to men at all (I do understand on an intellectual level, fortunately). As for why they're attracted to older men, it's again a statistical argument for (emotional) stability. Success and power are also motivations.

(EDIT: and yes, there are plenty of examples of successful relationships where the age difference is huge and/or where she's older than he is.)

Anyway, are we now posting ages of our girlfriends (or boyfriends) as well? In that case, 27.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

My last two girlfriends* are today 31 and 20. I don't really care that much about age (I tend to follow age/2+7 ;)), as long as there is an attraction on some level, and both parties are happy.

(* depends on your definition of a girlfriend)

edit: btw, if anyone missed where that formula comes from

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

My mum is 57 this year, and my step dad is 37. :)
So there is a point somewhere, where age really doesn't matter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

Biznaga
Member #3,180
January 2003

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

Oh, it's been around for a lot longer than XKCD.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

I guess I'd go for age/2+7 ... too bad the girl I'm thinking of owns a cat...
[edit]
In her case, it would be more like age/2+9

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

I guess I'd go for age/2+7 ... too bad the girl I'm thinking of owns a cat...
[edit]
In her case, it would be more like age/2+9

In my case, if the girl owns a cat then I am willing to add one quarter of the age of the cat to the age of the girl for the purposes of seeing whether she is in range. Dog owners only get one eighth.

ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

Problem for me is that I'm allergic to cats, dogs, horses, guineapigs and whatnot >:(
[edit]
Oh, and children... so I can't date hot young single mommies either :P

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

Problem for me is that I'm allergic to cats, dogs, horses, guineapigs and whatnot

Oh. Then you should subtract at least the aggregate of log2(12 - pet's age) from the girl's age.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

One has to wonder what's so wrong with a 33 year old that he must go for a girl who is that young.

Well, she owns two houses (something I've never managed) has lived on her own longer than I have, manages her own investments (I need a joint account so I don't blow my money), so she's the mature one in our relationship.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, it's been around for a lot longer than XKCD.

Well, not from the Bible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

I don't use allegro so I don't have to post my age.

On the relationship age discussion: When I was 28 I dated an 18 yr old, then my next girlfriend after that was a 43 yr old when I was about 30. Experience is a good thing, imo.

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

Experience is a good thing, imo.

Per Jarvis Cocker, an older lover will teach you stuff although [s]he's looking rough.

EDIT: I've never had a girlfriend who was more than 7 years older than me or 2 years younger than me.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

It's natures cruel joke that young men and older women are "on the same page" so to speak. I suppose that's true for older men and younger women too.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

[edit] Could be wrong as I lost track after 21.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

When I'm 40, I'll hook up with an 18 year old. The good thing about 18 year old women is they are always the same age.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

so true.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

juvinious
Member #5,145
October 2004

Just turned 30 today. ::)

Go to: