Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » T-shirt design ideas for Allegro / TINS / Speedhack / etc...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
T-shirt design ideas for Allegro / TINS / Speedhack / etc...
Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

I just want a shirt that says "TINS 08". When you suffix something with a year, it just makes it sound so exclusive.

It'd also be nice if it had a brief caption of what TINS is, like "TINS 08: 72-hour game coding competition" and on the back have the Allegro logo, or Allegro.cc or something.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Throw in a link to baf.cc for good measure as well. ;)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Jeff Bernard
Member #6,698
December 2005

No. That'll encourage Allegroids to get some exercise so they are no longer "tall".

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

It seems like there is more interest in a TINS t-shirt than an Allegro shirt now so I cleaned up the background image from the TINS website and joined the two parts of it together to make a new image. The image is separated into layers - the background, the sprites in the foreground and their shadows beneath them. I guess regular png's can't contain layers so unless you have Microsoft Picture It! you won't be able to separate them yourself. Here's what it looks like :
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/596098

The dithering was removed from the sprites because one part of the image was dithered and the other wasn't, and I picked out the background pattern that seemed to look the nicest at all viewing sizes. I transparently masked out the non-sprite pixels and remade the shadows underneath them.

If there is any more of the image around some where, I'll add it in to the remade image if you find/post it.

Here's the sprite overlay by itself :
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/596099

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I don't like the "Allegro game programing library" design, it is wrong! it couldn't be more wrong, it should be "Allegro Low Level Game Routines", instead. The recursive acronym is clear enough:

Allegro
Low Level Game Routines

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Oh cause Joe Schmo at the grocery store will totally see the recursive acronym!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Allegro should have been named Agaprol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Anyone who doesn't see the recursiveness of the acronym obviously isn't cool enough to know about it anyway.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Here's a logo:

Allegro
Some of us probably hate you...

8-)

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

taking back my comments about this tshirt thing.

i actually might buy this

5e14ffe27e1644f85c353de23723d465.thumb.jpg

I'd rather have the allegator on a corner of my chest. (where a shirt pocket is usually placed

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Does it come in purple?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Somoene start a wiki page with all of the stuff they'd like to see :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

1   2   3 

Go to: