Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Tattoos?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Tattoos?
StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

My fiancee's sister got a tattoo recently. I like to have a little faith and assume that it is fake. What are your opinions?
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/595963

If it's real ... is it legal to tattoo a drunk person?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Jesus F. Christ :o

Thats horrible!

--
sig used to be here

ReyBrujo
January 2001

I never understood why you would want a tattoo. Will you always like the same music? Will you always support the same person? Will you always think in a determined way? It is like depositing money in a bank that you know you will never take away.

I wonder what your sister thinks about his boy thinking love kills slowly ::)

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

Just wait until the envelope hits the mat.

She's probably forgotten she joined the Navy.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

A tattoo that big with several colors is usually done in several sessions. Did she get it "suddenly"?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

that's some pretty nasty hair, also it's a fake, notice some of the smear?

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

also it's a fake, notice some of the smear?

Yeah, because wet ink doesn't smear at all. ::)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Just the thought of this is enough to warrant a divorce of that fiancee of yours.

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

I think the worst part (besides the whole thing) is the crudely drawn pistols.

...on second thought, the whole thing is pretty much equally horrible. I hope it's fake :-/. But I'm guessing it's not.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It's not. See how the sking is coloured near the tatoo.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That tattoo doesn't look very nice. I fully support tattoos, but only if they're well thought out and of good quality. I'd still like to get sleeves, but it's really hard to come up with good designs and/or find the appropriate artists around here... Plus they'll be really expensive... :-X

le_y_mistar said:

that's some pretty nasty hair, also it's a fake, notice some of the smear?

I've seen ink smear on Miami Ink so that doesn't necessarily rule out a real tattoo... :-/ On Miami Ink the artists usually wipe it off as they go though...

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

It does look fake. The green smears at the bottom make it look like it was done with a washable marker. ;)

..at least, I hope it's fake.

I don't like tattoo's. I don't have any. My sister and her fiancee are littered with them :P She has stars on the side of her neck, he daughter's name up her side, a tinkerbell on her ankle, and .. ... a tramp stamp.

I do like getting fake tattoo's, though. Mostly just because I like my girlfriend drawing stuff on me... it's relaxing. I just hope sharpie ink doesn't kill me slowly.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Looks real to me. All the red isn't smeared ink; doesn't the skin kinda look irritated like that around a fresh tattoo?

I'm less offended by the tattoo and more offended by the ugliness of it. Looks like a 3 year old drew it.

What the hell is a tramp stamp?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

Quote:

What the hell is a tramp stamp?

Tattoo on the middle of the lower back, popular with tramps. ;)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Yea tattoos are not my style. I 'dated' a girl once with a bunch of tattoos. I wasn't a big fan but it was easier to get her to take of her clothes.

"that's a nice tattoo, why don't you take off your shirt?"
"ok."
it works ;)

Someone filed a patent for tattoos with e-ink. Get a chick with a e-ink tramp stamp and you could watch the game while hittin' it from behind! Maybe you could find a way to generate energy to update the image from the sex heat. Bring a whole new meaning to "you turn me on".

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

Good grief, that's horrible. After seeing a number of my friends' tattoos and my brother's tattoo, my first reaction is: "obviously fake". If it's genuine, well, then it would seem that you'll be having some interesting in-laws. :P

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

This thread reminds me of this. 8-)

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

No idea whether it's real or not, but it is horrible.

I wonder if it will have a... Darwinian effect?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quote:

Get a chick with a e-ink tramp stamp and you could watch the game while hittin' it from behind!

I seen on some TV show a few years ago (King of Queens?) where a guy says that if he had a TV screen in his forehead and could breathe through his ears that his wife wouldn't have left him.

And I read a question to Playboy back in the '70's where a guy had his unit tattooed to look like a snake, then whenever a girl seen it, she'd run off screaming. He could only get some in dark rooms.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

And I read a question to Playboy back in the '70's where a guy had his unit tattooed to look like a snake, then whenever a girl seen it, she'd run off screaming. He could only get some in dark rooms.

I don't believe that one for a second. There's always a girl who will go for it, no matter what "it" is. Always.

Indeterminatus
Member #737
November 2000

Neil Black said:

I don't believe that one for a second. There's always a girl who will go for it, no matter what "it" is. Always.

A reassuring thought, no? Or rather a disturbing one?

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Well, this whole tattoo thing is based on a Facebook picture. This is what she has to say about it,

The tattooee said:

No big story just really liked it. I've been wanting one for a while. Toyed with the idea of a gun for a couple months. I went to CA for 5 days at the end of my leave, Anthony knows a guy whos been doing tattoos for a long time. So i talked with him told him what i was looking. I saw the center peice on a Ed Hardy poster and really liked it. and thats that. not bad for a 100 bucks.

I wouldn't pay $100 to be scarred for life. Perhaps I'm just strange. I assume that the guy she paid was a complete amateur, based on the lack of skill.

23yrold3yrold said:

Looks like a 3 year old drew it.

That is the same age I said when I saw it.

James Lohr said:

If it's genuine, well, then it would seem that you'll be having some interesting in-laws. :P

Yeah, my fiancee is apparently the "black sheep" of the family, in that she isn't .... stupid.

My personal opinion on tattoos is similar to ReyBrujo's. You like something at a time, so you make a permanent mark on your body with it. What is the purpose of them? Art? Don't make me laugh, we've all seen the picture in my first post. To be different? It's more cliche than anything else, particularly stars or butterflies on the ankle, or the "tramp stamp," as mentioned above.

When I see someone with a tattoo I automatically assume that they are deficient in intelligence. I don't think I've known anyone in grad school with a tattoo.

I'm noticing that nobody has even tried to defend it as being "not that bad." Her friends have all posted encouraging things on her Facebook account though. It must suck to have friends who lie to you. (Or who honestly think that image is appealing.)

Edit: this is apparently the poster she is referencing:
{"name":"595971","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/7515e8c3cc6c825577d539df065f9847.jpg","w":299,"h":450,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/7515e8c3cc6c825577d539df065f9847"}595971

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Break up now. Get out. Run.

1   2 

Go to: