Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Logitech G25 Steering Wheel For PC, PS2, and PS3

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel For PC, PS2, and PS3
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel looks amazing! :o The price is a little bit steep ($299.99 USD), but I'm seriously considering getting one. I'm thinking it would complement GT5 Prologue (and eventually GT5) extremely well. 8-) Unfortunately, I currently have my PS3 in my bedroom and there's really nowhere to mount it (I sit on my bed when I'm playing)... So I did a search for a mount, and I've found a few that look awesome (albeit, more than double the overall cost) here. Unfortunately, it appears that I can only find these seats on European-only sites. I'm having trouble finding this stuff in North America. It also adds quite a bit to the price of the G25 (albeit, there are bundles including the mount and system). It's looking like probably about $800+ for the G25 with seat and mounts. :'(

Anybody know of the availability of mounts/seats like these in North America that will complement the G25? ??? Also, does anybody have a G25 to comment on it? It looks freakin' sweet!! Logitech looks to be taking excellent care of PlayStation consumers. I just wish I had a money tree. ;D

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

i baught it just for Colin McCrea DiRT on PC, it didnt handle well, but apparently it plays decently for other games. Tried couple of other games with it on the PC, I wasnt too impressed. Returned after 3 days. Stick to a normal controler, the original xbox controller can be hooked up to your pc quite easily.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i wonder if its compatible with allegro 5

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

Can't you do a bit of woodwork? you could get a real car seat cheaply at a scrapyard too.

piccolo, It could be compatable with Allegro 5 (or even 4 with an add-on) but nobody has any force-feedback devices to develop it with.

The M$ Sidewinder steering wheel would probably be almost as good as that logitech one. It would certainly do the job for developing the driver and API.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Matt Smith said:

Can't you do a bit of woodwork? you could get a real car seat cheaply at a scrapyard too.

AFAIK, these are real car seats. And not your average grocery getter, but actual racing seats. I could be wrong, but they can't be any worse than a regular car seat. Anything that I made myself would be a hack (I don't enjoy real world DIY projects like that). I'm sure buying a seat/mount for $300 will be a better use of my time and money.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Find and purchase suitable seat at junkyard. $20
Buy whatever other materials to build your device. $100
Sense of satisfaction from a job well done by yourself while saving money. Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

In my experience, this kind of thing is very poorly made when done commercially. They are always too light.

Go to: