Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The game "IWGBT"

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
The game "IWGBT"
Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I can't make it past that third set of spikes.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I know! :) Hint: you're not supposed to go that way! ;)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Meh. It's one of those "learn by dying thousands of times" games that I don't really enjoy.

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

That game is unholy :(.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

auamidium, you can die in a fire, my life was much happier before I knew about this stupid game, and I can't beat Tyson. Over an hour of my life and 212 deaths. Good fun though. :D

Has anyone here beaten him yet?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

Running it under Wine, and I can't even start a game. Wine acts weird for games.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
C++: An octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.
I am the Lightning-Struck Penguin of Doom.

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

Is there a George Bush reference?

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Running it under Wine, and I can't even start a game. Wine acts weird for games.

It works for me but I don't know which version I'm running as I'm not on the same computer right now.

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

No, I'll try that.

EDIT:
I could run the game the same way as last time; the problem is that I can't figure out to actually play from the start screen.

EDIT AGAIN:
All right, I got the game to play, but the screen is too big for my Wine desktop, which I set to be a 640x480 window. I did this in some settings when I installed it, but I can't find them now. Help?

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

winecfg

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

Found that, but it runs IN WINE, and the screen size is too small to see/click the "apply changes" button. I even tried reinstalling, but it still wouldn't work! AUGHH! >:(

--

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Try a better OS. :P

Speaking of the game, i found that playing it at medium difficulty, while not very masculine (you get a red ribbon on the head :P), makes it actually doable, the extra savepoints render it a little less frustrating.

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

Better? Surely you jest. There can be no better OS than Linux. ;D8-)

--

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

Quote:

Speaking of the game, i found that playing it at medium difficulty, while not very masculine (you get a red ribbon on the head :P), makes it actually doable, the extra savepoints render it a little less frustrating.

The ribbon kept me from playing the game on medium :(.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

I am playing on medium, if I enjoy it enough to the end, I will start over on hard. I finaly beat Tyson, I then couldn't work out the drop into the water, and the moon took ages to understand what to do. But I am slowly working through it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Found that, but it runs IN WINE, and the screen size is too small to see/click the "apply changes" button. I even tried reinstalling, but it still wouldn't work! AUGHH! >:(

Hold ALT and click-drag the window upwards.

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

I'll try that.

--

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

well, pixel perfect exact timing games are not new. One early one was jungle trouble from 1983. As a shameless plug, you can try it (Windows) here http://retrospec.sgn.net/game/jungle

though to be fair, it's not that hard ;)

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

Alt-drag didn't work--it dragged the X window which is my virtual desktop. Any way to disable that?

--

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Hmm, have you tried using wine's desktop less mode? So Win32 windows are X windows?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

alethiophile
Member #9,349
December 2007

I am trying to do that, but to change it to that I need to go into winecfg and change the option, and that doesn't work as mentioned above.

--

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

Open ~/.wine/user.reg with a regular text editor, and look for Software\\Wine\\X11 Driver For the option Desktop, which should be the resolution of the virtual desktop. Feel free to change it to your liking.

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

1   2 

Go to: