Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » ME!!!!!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
ME!!!!!
Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

I usually stray and avoid from giving advice. I am only 23 myself and hardly have "life experiences". But I will say something in this case.

You are in control of your life. People who look and act professional get the opportunities in life. Spelling counts! Good verbal communication is even more important. Avoid swearing, avoid slurring, and slang, and especially bad attitude. Dress to impress. My great grandma said that even if you are poor you don't have to be dirty. Keep your hair clean, clothes sharp (as possible), and shave often. (just an aside but you give this impression) You want to give people a good impression. You have to convince them you are good for the job.

I hate the idea that money is freedom but it is very true. If you have enough money then you need not worry about being stuck in a bad situation with bad people.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

It is not that easy! I have been stuck at my Mom's house for the last 29 years. razers cost money, shaving cream costs money. Everything costs money. It costs money to have that broke down truck in the yard. I literally spent one year, fixing the plumbing in this camper I am in. All i needed was about $20.00 worth of material. I had a Job opportunity, The supervisor Viv, told me that everybody is always wanting me back, always saying, where is chris? But guess what? no ride. I can not go looking for a job. And it is like you said, be clean, and act good. You can not walk miles to go to a job interview, you will be dirty and smelly when you get there. They will not hire unless you have, (Reliable transportation.) When you fill out applications, and you come to the field, "What was your reason for leaving?" you put down, FIRRRRRED! The applications kind of just, disappear.

It is not like I want to be home. I want my own place, but you might know this. The price for rent is so high, you have got to have roommates. Or, which is a rarity here, get married. And did you know that the American Economy is crashing? The stock market is going down, and jobs themselves, are hard to get.

I know what though, God can make manna fall from the sky. He is going to get me out of this trap I fell in. I do not know how many times he has saved my life, I can tell you a few of them. That car wreck is just one incident. I was right here before, with no job, and in a no way out place, When I got my job. I am locked down at the moment.

You know what, it is not as bad as all that. There is things out there, I just do not feel like making a move for it. lazy? or am I tired of it?

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

tough break there bud, just hang on tight:-/

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Yes, your situation appears tough. But instead of living day to day you need to get a plan together. List your goals and figure out how to achieve them. If your plan is to get out of town, start finding jobs outside of town. You do have internet so that isn't a problem. Find some roomates, take the bus to work, take night classes, volunteer work, .. whatever it takes to get what you want.

Also, instead of telling yourself "no" you need to make the hard decision to do it anyway. You have nothing to lose by getting rejected. You seem to not care what others think anyway (like your boss). Plus, a little diplomacy doesn't hurt. Be respectful, show courtesy, and be the "good guy".

You said you had a bike but you gave it away (sold it?). From the sounds of it that was your only way of getting around town. Even in a big city people will bus, bike, and walk 2+ hours to get to work/school and then take the same trip back home. It is gruelling and tough they do what they have to do in order to succeed. Your employer will want to know that you can get to work on time every day. Figure out how to do that. Maybe you can go into business for yourself. I've done that. It is hard finding customers but it is cheap to do.

God helps those who help themselves. ;D You are in control of your life. Never forget that.

-------------

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

yeah the last thing you want to do is become like those irc gentoo kids who have too much time on their hands and compile gentoo.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Quote:

God helps those who help themselves.

That was made up for the Poor Richard's Almanac, but whatever.

It is important to do what you can do, but first and foremost, listen to what God tells you to do. He knows how to run your life better than anyone else, including yourself.

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

listen to what God tells you to do.

Indeed. Now I think that God speaks with you through Goalie Ca so do as he suggests ;)

Quote:

yeah the last thing you want to do is become like those irc gentoo kids who have too much time on their hands and compile gentoo.

I wish I had too much time but GF and WoW now seem to take everything and more :'(

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

That thread is lacking of sexy stuff ;-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I cant seem to reach god on "1-800-GOD"... It tells me that "The number doesent exist"... WTF? I really need to know if I should learn math for tommorows test or not. I cannot decide. ???

In capitalist America bank robs you.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Goalie Ca:
Yes you are right, I need to stop looking at what I do not have. I start looking at what I do have.

Kikaru:

Quote:

God helps those who help themselves.
That was made up for the Poor Richard's Almanac, but whatever.

Faith without works is dead. It is good to ask God for something, but asking him for something. And doing nothing to put myself in the position to get it, is faith without works.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I guess that applies as well, but the (original) meaning of that verse is a bit different: If you say you believe in God, but don't act like it, your faith is dead. I myself have not spent time to fully understand what 'dead' means exactly here.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

What i have understood from what I read. Is that when you pray for someone, you also need to make a move help that person. If all you do is just sit on the bench, and pray for people. That is faith without works. But faith with works, is when you pray to God, "I want the truck running.". And then you get up, and you get that stupid water pump off.

chris gets up...

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Well, God can say whatever He wants through whatever He wants (He is God).

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

chris27wjoyner said:

What i have understood from what I read. Is that when you pray for someone, you also need to make a move help that person. If all you do is just sit on the bench, and pray for people. That is faith without works. But faith with works, is when you pray to God, "I want the truck running.". And then you get up, and you get that stupid water pump off.

1. Pray to God to fix a problem.

2. Fix the problem yourself or have another human fix the problem for you.

3. Credit God with fixing your problem and thank him.

WTF!? >:(

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Quote:

Credit bamccaig with fixing your problem and thank him.

Fixed it.

-------------

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Faith is the funniest concept. Its so well emotionally protected. Jesus must have been a very intelligent man to create such a strong... ideology.

I wonder how someone as intelligently controlling would be considered today...

Maybe one day Scientology will be widespread and people will look back at its creator with admiration and faith. That'll be the day...

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Quote:

1. Pray to God to fix a problem.

2. Fix the problem yourself or have another human fix the problem for you.

3. Credit God with fixing your problem and thank him.

Its like this.
This man always asked God, God I want to win the Lottery.

The man died, and asked God, God, how come I never won the lottery.
Then God said, You never bought a ticket.

You have got to put yourself where God can work the Miracle you are asking him for.

Quote:

Dustin Dettmer: Faith is the funniest concept. Its so well emotionally protected. Jesus must have been a very intelligent man to create such a strong... ideology.

I wonder how someone as intelligently controlling would be considered today...
Maybe one day Scientology will be widespread and people will look back at its creator with admiration and faith. That'll be the day...

Did you know that people in Jesus time, would say things like that?

You right, Jesus is a very intelligent man. Have you read anything about him from the Holy Bible. Our do you just choose to let other peoples opinion decide for you?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

chris27wjoyner said:

Its like this.
This man always asked God, God I want to win the Lottery.

The man died, and asked God, God, how come I never won the lottery.
Then God said, You never bought a ticket.

You have got to put yourself where God can work the Miracle you are asking him for.

I've heard that before. I wonder how much money the lottery corps. made from this one? :D In fact, I wonder if the story was made up by a lottery company. :P

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I think that is not a miracle... I think its luck. But thats just me being angry because I have never won the Lottery before. :-/

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

Have you read anything about him from the Holy Bible. Our do you just choose to let other peoples opinion decide for you?

I need-not learn of him for I have faith.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

You right, Jesus is a very intelligent man. Have you read anything about him from the Holy Bible. Our do you just choose to let other peoples opinion decide for you?

Well speaking of putting yourself in shit. :P Lets analyze.

Quote:

You right, Jesus was a very intelligent man.

Fix'd.

How do you know he was intelligent? Do you just choose to let other peoples opinions decide for you? I mean, everything YOU know about Jesus is derived from other peoples opinions ( Johns, Matthews, ...)... Right?

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Quote:

How do you know he was intelligent? Do you just choose to let other peoples opinions decide for you? I mean, everything YOU know about Jesus is derived from other peoples opinions ( Johns, Matthews, ...)... Right?

I know, That Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Before the world was, Jesus was. Jesus is wisdom manifested into life. Jesus is God, in the flesh. Jesus is the word of God. Jesus is the Lord of Lord's and King of king's. You have not tasted of him. I have experienced Jesus (I am not talking about a *feeling that makes you thing you have.). You can have a feeling that makes you thing you have had sex before, but when you get the real thing. You know it right?

You can never tell me God isn't real, because he Lives in my heart. I have been baptized by water, and the spirit. I have the gift of speaking in tongues. And you can not judge that unless you see it face to face.

Tell me the truth, do you read all kinds of books on this, and that. But yet, you will not try the Holy Bible?

Do you read the Holy Bible so you can prove to yourself that it is not real. You have already hardened your heart before you even came to God and asked, are you real. You can open any book, and if you are reading with the thoughts, this ain't real. Then that is what you will find. But it does not matter, because God told me. That the world is going to do what the world is going to do. I can do nothing about it. Being worried about the world will only make me unhealthy. The hard, stubborn, stiff necked people are going to die in there unbelief. You have to have the fear of the Lord before you will believe him. God knows that was with me also.

You have always resisted the Holy Ghost, and you are an expert at it. You are an expert at Unbelief. You can look at an ink blot looking for a clown and find it. Are you can look at the ink blot looking for clouds and find that instead. And that is what you will see. You can also look at the same ink blot, and see nothing. Because that is what you have already said it is, and that is what you are looking for.

The scriptures will never be used in vain. It will be a testimony to those who resist it. In hell, the scriptures are read to you night and day. With the worm that never dies, and the fire that says. Enough it is not. You can not pay a sin dept, cause the payment for it is death.

Blessed are those who have not seen, and believed. One of God's favorite things in a man, is belief.

You have already chosen to be someone who does not believe this, does not believe that. Keep it to yourself. It is not right for you to push yourself on another person.

God Bless you just now, In the Name of Jesus Christ my Lord, and My Savior.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

everything YOU know about Jesus is derived from other peoples opinions ( Johns, Matthews, ...)... Right?

And how well have those people been converted?

For example I could likely derive Hitler's intelligence and political skill by conversing with one of his soldiers. If I try to disillusion the soldier of his beliefs, how many "safe guards" does he have to prevent me from doing so? From this understanding we can piece together Hitler's intelligence.

Using the same style of argument, lets analyze Chris here.

• Case Study #1

• Case Study #2

There are many, many more safeguards I've observed in Jesus "believers". The safe-guards are very well thought out and hide the circular logic so well I presume to say Jesus was a very intelligent man.

I wonder what he would have achieved had he not died...

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Okay, here are the basics:
Someone who you don't know, who knows what a horrible person you are, dies a horrible death for your sake. Even though we are horrible people. He only asks two things in return:
1) Accept his gift. If you give a starving man food, he still needs to accept and eat it.
2) Listen to him. Why try to diffuse a bomb on your own when the person next to you knows exactly what to do?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Keep in mind that things that are taught today to Christians could have been developed by many people over the course of ~2000 years. It doesn't all have to be "Jesus," assuming he existed at all. It could be any number of people influencing the religion, the interpretation of the Bible, the beliefs, and how to preach them. I know that things changed drastically in the 11 years that I went to church.

Also keep in mind that most people today aren't very intellectual; you can fool many or most of them pretty easily. Many want to be fooled which only makes it easier. People 2000 years ago were probably even more gullible. Family Guy might have been spot on. ;)

Go to: