Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » [Pop-culture] An alternative plot for a Simpsons movie.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[Pop-culture] An alternative plot for a Simpsons movie.
Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

I have yet to see the Simpsons move, but this did not prevent me from trying to hatch an idea for a possible plot. What seems to be an ubiquitous element of nearly all movies is some sort of love interest. So what happens in Springfield is that there's a mass outbreak of Cooties. Everyone in the movie falls in love with someone - with the exception of Bart who somehow manages to perpetually go through his "girls are icky" phase. Some relationships turn out to be straightforward two-way relationships (like Willy and the female-version of Willy from Shelbyville, or Maggie and Baby Gerald can make peace and fall in love), or there could be love-triangles (eg. Millhouse, Lisa and Nelson), and there could be a few 'suprises' (eg. Smithers pairs off with Patty Bouvier). Homer and Marge are going through a period of marital difficulties throughout much of the movie, but in the end are overcome by the cooties, and the movie ends just as they are about to 'snuggle'.

Other things to look out for include:

• The music of the opening-sequence gets expanded into a theatrical masterpiece.

• Bart's lines on the blackboard at the start will be "My phone number does not start with 555".

• The bit with Bart skateboarding out of the school looks just like the regular opening sequence, but Bart bursts into song as soon as he leaves the school grounds. Also, the other parts of the opening sequence are shown with the characters bursing into song as well as doing an expanded version of their routine.

• Just when you thought the sequence was finally over, after the couch gag (which is probably similar to the very first couch-gag ever), it zooms into the telly. The telly is showing the "Itchy and Scratchy" movie. And now, the audience have to suffer a theratrical version of the Itchy and Scratchy theme - at least that's what they think, until Itchy rudely interrupts Scratchy's singing by blowing him up. Then the cartoon starts.

• The Itchy and Scratchy film is about Itchy trying to break Scratchy's heart (Itchy teases Scratchy by wearing a cat-mask, a wig and a padded bra). Once Scratchy dies from a broken heart, Itchy retires to his harem of female mice.

• At this point, Bart and Lisa are laughing hysterically at the film. Lisa starts to calm down as she realises that breaking someone's heart is not a nice thing to do. She tells Bart of this realisation and expresses sympathy for Scratchy, but Bart keeps on laughing and then starts making fun of Lisa. This is quickly interrupted by the sounds of Homer and Marge having an argument in the room next door.

• Moe uses caller-ID to finally trace Bart's prank phonecalls.

• The rivalry between Springfield and Shelbyville is shown, but even that does not stiop Springfielders and Shelbyvillers from falling in love with eachother.

• Homer suspects Marge of having an affair with Ned Flanders, although it's just a suspicion. However, unbenownst to him, Marge is trying (unsuccessfully) to have an affair with Flanders.

• One thing we're certain to see is an absolutely cute quote from a very heart-broken Ralph Wiggum that somehow in a nutshell sums up what love is all about. This quote will cause the audience to roar with laughter and make a standing ovation mid-film, and will be quoted for years to come.

• We learn which state Springfield is in. But it's an immaginary state.

• Maggie says her first word.

• George Bush makes an appearance, and he's voiced by himself.

• The film goes through the entire set of Simpsons cliches known to simpsons-fans, but the most famous one will be left to the very end. Right after the closing credits, the screen goes black. Comic-Book guy can be heard saying "Excuse me, but I think you'll find that there's one cliche that has not made it into this movie". Then, Homer will reply with "DOH!!!", and Comic-Book guy will say "Thank you".

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

I have yet to see the Simpsons move

You can check off a few of your bullet points. :o

[edit]Oh, and Maggie has said her first word in an episode before, it's just only the audience hears it, so I guess it doesn't count in the Simpson's universe.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Mad magazine issue # 481 has a few suggestions for Simpson movies. Was it my imagination or did Aunt Selma look hot in that Catwoman outfit in her movie love scene? Oops, spoiler alert.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Go to: