Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Allegro & Programming without code

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro & Programming without code
Mahmoud Fayed
Member #8,895
August 2007

hi all

There are Framwork (Freeware & Open Source) for programming without code !
can be used with any (Programming Langauge / Development Tool)

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/doublesvsoop

this framework can be used with C/C++ & Allegro , and we can start now developing Games or any other type of software 100% without writing code at all.

this site presents a lot of files

just you need to download DoubleS Framework 1.0 (Stable) Rev.5 & SP1

the framework contains a lot of great designers

1 - Goal Designer , Domain Tree & Package Manager
to use programming without code , these tools are replacement for code editor
2 - Interaction Designer & Transporter Designer
to extend the programming wihout code framework to match your needs

the framework can be used based on any programming language (C/C++,Java,..etc)
and can support any human Language (English,French,...etc)

Learing curve of this framework is less than one week , but will change your programming life more than you expect !

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Quote:

and we can start now developing Games or any other type of software 100% without writing code at all.

I've worked with a completely graphical languages before, namely Ladder logic. It basically mimics declarative programming. Ladder logic is in a niche and the only true graphical languages will be domain specific languages (DSL). Why? Because you lack expresiveness. Imagine a graph.. now try to represent the function f x y = x^2 + 2*y. It is easy to mimic state transitions but somewhere you will have to deal with the math! A purely functional language will be your best bet but those are way too hard for any n00b to write code in.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Salaam Alaykum!

Unfortunately it seems to be Windows only otherwise I would try it. Mahmoud, I read the pdf file and it's not 100% clear to me what your framework does. I can't see how it might work for an action game but it might be suitable for something like a MMORPG genorator?

For NSND zealots:
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/592812

Good luck,
Peter

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

I'm pretty sceptical as well. Like G.Ca said, you can declare stuff all day long, but you need some verbs at some point and ... Ummm, a 80MB download? I think I need more information before I try this... You might put up a website with some documentation and examples (other than screen shots).

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Not to be too disrespectfull, but the Screenshot on the SF page makes it seem like its been completely over engeneered by a pure coder. That is, the interface looks like it may be quite confusing, and its just plain ugly :o

That said, I haven't downloaded it, I'm at my Sisters place, on my bro in law's computer, so I shouldn't really be installing stuff ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Someone really likes pink and purple for the interface.

Go to: