Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The Chuck Norris Thread

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The Chuck Norris Thread
Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I have just realised that Allegro.cc does not have a Chuck Norris thread. This cannot continue! This thread is for people to explain exactly why they think Chuck Norris is awesome or, if they don't think Chuck Norris is awesome, why they want to be round-house kicked in the face.

Seriously, though, I thought I should explain my recent obsession with Chuck Norris. I was over at my brother's house playing halo 2 for the first time, and my brother just kept coming out with a stream of Chuck-Norris-is-super-awesome jokes, which I wanted to share with you. I'm about to change my sig to my favorite.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Welcome to last year's meme.
(Well, two years actually, but who's counting?)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

James Stanley
Member #7,275
May 2006

I want to be round-house-kicked in the face because I don't know who the fuck Chuck Norris is.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

DENIED.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

WHAT?!?! You no longer exist in my world! ;)

EDIT:
Looking through that Chuck Norris Facts site, I think that's where my brother got most of his.

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Ok, the thing I don't get is.. how can one find out one of the most annoying internet jokes almost 2 years after they started? "Chuck Norris" was a guessed to be the new race for the alliance in WoW:BC, for example.

Chuck himself reading some of the facts
The vid is pretty old, and in the vid they mention that these have facts have been there "for months."
Here's a Yahoo Widget to get you some facts that was uploaded more than a year ago. Older widgets do exits (about 1.5 yrs old) but they don't look as good ;)

What's next? Tamagochi talk?

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I just heard my brother saying it and I thought it was funny.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I think it was also brought up here before but there was a World of Warcraft addon that would spam random Chuck Norris facts in general chat much to the chagrin of players everywhere.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It doesn't matter how old something is. All that matters is that it's new to you (or something you haven't been exposed to in a while). I love the Chuck Norris jokes. Awesomeness. Once in a while I still watch Walker: Texas Ranger. 8-)

Besides, I still see Chuck Norris jokes regularly (every few days) in Counter-Strike. :D There are also 5+ Chuck Norris' playing Counter-Strike. ;D

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

The fad seems to have died out long ago in WoW...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

The fad seems to have died out long ago in WoW...

Someone hasn't been to the Barrens in a while ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

I guess you just have to be ready.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Quote:

Someone hasn't been to the Barrens in a while ...

Very true. When the CN stuff died off on the alliance side I just assumed it did likewise for the horde...

Quote:

I guess you just have to be ready [imgs.xkcd.com].

That made my day ;D

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

xkcd said:

ayb_orchestral.mp3

;D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

When the CN stuff died off on the alliance side I just assumed it did likewise for the horde...

You don't know Barrens Chat. Although it did move to Eversong Woods for a month ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

Chuck Norris does not teabag the ladies. He potato-sacks them.

It might be old but this still make me laugh.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

I still see Chuck Norris jokes regularly (every few days) in Counter-Strike.

Doesn't supprise me in the least.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

xkcd is one of the only two feeds i have... simply great! ;D

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

xkcd is one of the only two feeds i have... simply great! ;D

I keep my feeds in competition with each other in terms of how far below XKCD they are. They change positions often, and I inform the authors of this. I'm still waiting to find a feed worthy enough to usurp XKCD, though I know secretly that this will never happen.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! XKCD

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I used to watch Walker:Texas Stranger only because she was in it

peeples-sm.jpg

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Go to: