Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

TANSTAAFL!

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Shocking!

Ouch! Oooh, double-entendre.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Quote:

Supposing it's the people trying to teach the fool then you really look foolish for that comment!

You guys are trying to kill me with humor overload? There's just ... so many things wrong with this thread ... must not ... die from laughter.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

You guys are trying to kill me with humor overload? There's just ... so many things wrong with this thread ... must not ... die from laughter.

It's people like you that people like piccolo and me charge for electricity.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

There's enough insanity in this thread to power a 100 megaton bomb.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Or at least a relatively short bus.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Chuck Norris made a perpetual motion machine once, but then he found out that he could generate all the energy he wanted by himself.

[edit]

Threads don't generate energy by themselves, it's the magnetic charges in the hard drive where they're stored. :P

-R

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

Chuck Norris made a perpetual motion machine once, but then he found out that he could generate all the energy he wanted by himself.

Personally, I hate Chuck Norris jokes that require Chuck Norris to be imperfect in order to work. Chuck Norris never made a perpetual motion machine, because he already knew he didn't need one!

--

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

My joke! My precious joke! You just ruined it! :'(

-R

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Some things in this universe are just not possible. Like Chuck Norris jokes where Chuck Norris isn't perfect. Sorry, but the Law of Conservation of Chuck prevents it.

--

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I have been enlightened, and I didn't like it. >:(

-R

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Well, Chuck Norris can divide by zero, after all... ;)

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Consider the power (supplied by blood sugar) of a scientist writing a (correct) paper about the conservation of energy. Then consider the same for the guy who writes about the impossible junk on those pages. Where does that "energy" that's not writing something sensible go? If you answer heat, that applies to the scientist as well as the charlatan.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Quote:

Gravitational

Damn! I just love that word, but I don't know why!!! am I the only one?
BTW very interesting and funny thread! science and humor together, bookmarked!

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I always wondered if you could use the property of water and its surface tension to slightly lift it. ie with very small tubes then extract it from the tubes and drip it down over some kind of turbine.

Plants do it, except that at the top of the tubes the sun evaporates a small amount causing a difference in pressure which sucks it up.

If it would be doable what you'd really be doing would be using nuclear energy which would eventually run out. But that could still be useful, plain water as a fuel.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

That's an interesting idea.

I'm sure there's something wrong with it though, because everything interesting is doomed to be inconceivable. :'(

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

OT: Why is it that every time I see or hear the word "inconceivable" I think of a certain movie?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

OT: Why is it that every time I see or hear the word "inconceivable" I think of a certain movie?

Could it be because my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father — prepare to die?

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

No its because you wear a silly mask and fight enemies with slightly humorous catch phrases.

FuriousOrange
Member #7,305
June 2006

I just designed this. It will revolutionise electricity generation in our lifetime.

{"name":"590629","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc3cd06a993169bcc304ad5452108df1.jpg","w":385,"h":277,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc3cd06a993169bcc304ad5452108df1"}590629

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

WoW! It's amasing! OMC! :o

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

You took the existing perpetual motion machine, that was driven from gravity, and put it in space? Brilliant!

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

You solved the problem of lifting the ball back up, but now how will the balls get down. You've brought the problem back all over again!

Go to: