Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » [MinorHack] New features

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[MinorHack] New features
CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Now, over at the MinorHack site, one can propose one for any time.

The competition will sit in that list, and anyone can mark whether or not they are available to participate in it or not. Once enough people say that they can participate in a competition (configurable at this page), it will be moved to the competitions list, and played!

I've already added the obligatory once-every-two-weeks competition, so vote for it!

In other MinorHack news, I've added a markup engine to the entry descriptions, so you can use rich formatting (Mediawiki format). Next on my TODO list is rule selection revision. I want to prevent duplicate rules from happening, and add a rule voting system to pick more popular rules.

This should be the thread for further MinorHack discussion.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

wiseguy
Member #44
April 2000

sounds cool...I will be adding stuff to my entry from the other day, but I just got home from surgery and can only use one eye right now, so I may not be able to do much for the next couple of days

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

Yay for MinorHack! One question though, I can't see the obligatory competetion so I obviuosly can't vote for it.
EDIT: Oops, looked at the wrong place. However the link is rather confusing. It says "propose" and not "see proposed" which I find rather confusing.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

This MinorHack thread now officialy replaces the old one. Yay! :)

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Okay, so everybody who hasn't been able to participate in a competition previously: go to that proposal page while logged in, and just put in a time that you would like to have it (in your local time), like "2pm tomorrow". Everyone should simply check that page every so often, and keep their list of interested competitions updated. Checking the box doesn't imply commitment, it's just a way of saying "I might be able to play in this competition."

Also, give me your opinions on what kind of email notifications you want. Presently, I'm thinking of an RSS feed for the proposed competitions, and an email notification of an upcoming competition, which the user can configure the time on (i.e. "Notify me x days before a competition").

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I thinks this thread should stay alive. :)
Also, the next MinorHack is on Saturday.
Lastly, I like the idea of E-mail notification.

Yayness~

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

How about the idea of tracking who has committed to participating in a competition? You would register at least an hour in advance, and only registered people could submit entries. This way, we can give people DNFs and such.

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I don't like the idea of restricting access to the comp. :-/
Well, I get somewhat bored between MinorHacks.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

It's not restrictive, since you only have to mark that you are going to participate. Heck, I can even say that you just must register before the rule is put out. Is that better?

Also, check out the proposals, there's a new one out. Good for people east of me :)

/me gets on the RSS feed.

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Hey, the MinorHack is tomorrow.
In other news, I like Raman.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Well, have fun today, those who are in. I will be at a wedding ;D

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Thanks! I assume it's not your wedding? ::)
[EDIT]
MinorHack starts in and 5 min.

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Is Kikaru the only one playing? I have nothing for this theme.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Well, I guess I am the only one, and mine stank. It was supposed to be like Pikmin, but didn't work out in time. Move around with WSAD or arrow keys, steer the blue robots with the mouse, avoid the red robots. I can't seem to survive for more than 2 seconds though, and it is full of glitches (no level bounds). :-/

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva
Member #4,212
January 2004

I couldn't do it in 11st (i was in the work).

I proposed one for 15th, but there is just two votes for that.

So, let's use this thread to discuss a new date, instead of quietly proposing one and get few or no participants.

Oh, and if someone is interessed in the 15th, vote there!

[The attack of the space bugs - Speedhack 2005] [Rambananas - Speedhack 2006] [Make clean - Speedhack 2009] [The source god - TINS 2010]

Go to: