Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Welcome Our Airborn Laser Overlords:

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Welcome Our Airborn Laser Overlords:
nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Yeah, we rock. We have the worlds first death ray, what does your puny little nation have? And if that wasn't awesome enough, we stuck it on an airplane so we can fly around a blast your sorry asses. Hoozah!

I think a few billion a year in 'protection money' would not be uncalled for. Just think of it as the 'Airborn Laser Loves You Tax'. 8-)

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

We'll soon get together and take you down. In the mean time try messing with China. ;)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

what does your puny little nation have?

Jake "The Muss" Heke! He'll eat your death-ray for breakfast.

{"name":"Jake_c36.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/2\/8214bc8fe778ca243ff1c24dc0b89c2a.jpg","w":891,"h":588,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/2\/8214bc8fe778ca243ff1c24dc0b89c2a"}Jake_c36.jpg

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

The laser turret was installed here in Wichita Kansas 8-)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

The laser turret was installed here in Wichita Kansas

And I thought you were only famous for your linemen.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

{"name":"16-dr%20evil.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/7\/e767102c3f12391fd9542db1edd8aa52.jpg","w":600,"h":873,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/7\/e767102c3f12391fd9542db1edd8aa52"}16-dr%20evil.jpg

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Lock phasers Mr. Worf!
Sir, I can't get a lock because of the atmospheric turbulence. Compensating.
Mr. Worf! Now!
Got a lock. Firing all phasers!

This rocks!

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

The laser turret was installed here in Wichita Kansas 8-)

You need to go hitch a ride on that thing Steve. Maybe if you tell them your with Cessna (?) they'll let you in for a tour.... ;D

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Yes I work with Cessna... unfortunately we only make mid sized business jets, no laser turrets :( The good thing is that we don't have military contracts so less people get layed off.

Number Six
Member #3,912
October 2003

Quote:

Jake "The Muss" Heke! He'll eat your death-ray for breakfast.

hahahaaaa! Brilliant.. I nearly pissed myself laughing! ;D

Then we'll just clone him a few million times!

They can keep Lee Tami-Hoary though...:-/

---------------------------------------
By Hook or by Crook.... We WILL!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

So I'll just crank up the specular component to the max on my in-game missiles and be immune to your puny little laser? Or install a bunch of three cornered prisms so the beam reflects and destroys the source? YEAH!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

what does your puny little nation have?

We have real-life working and not-so-evil ID-cards, mobile parking and paying systems, about one free WiFi spot per 1k residents and lots of other fun stuff because we are (probably?) the most technologically advanced nation in the world
We'll just turn our WiFi and WiMax antennaes to the sky and fry you down 8-)

Quote:

It was the first former Soviet republic to introduce its own currency, and the first European country to adopt a flat tax system, now widely copied in the rest of Eastern Europe. It has also become one of the most technologically advanced places on the planet. You can use your mobile phone to pay for parking your car, buy bus tickets and check your children's school grades. More than 80% of taxpayers file their declarations online, wi-fi hot spots are ubiquitous — and free — and the nation's most famous start-up is Skype, the Internet phone titan, which was acquired last year by eBay for $2.6 billion. That amount is slightly more than the annual output of the entire Estonian economy 15 years ago.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

We have immigrants! And they'll take over your country in a few years, by their sheer powers of reproduction alone! Mwahahahaha! 8-)

-R

axilmar
Member #1,204
April 2001

Could a reflective surface cancel the laser beam? perhaps shooting it back to where it came from?

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Sure, you have all mighty laser. But can it shoot down ordinary Joe with Nuke packed in the backpack? :P

And I can tell you what we have. We have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VERA_passive_sensor which can detect your "all-mighty" stealth planes to the distance of 450km, well of course if the pilot switches on radar or radio, but that's enough. And then guess what? He'll have an incoming present ;D

Or we can just use ordinary Joes with hand AA missile and shoot them down using Mark I Eyeball 8-)

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

We have bigger dicks.
8-)

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

Or we can just use ordinary Joes with hand AA missile and shoot them down using Mark I Eyeball

Yeah, I can't argue wiht Mark I Wanger, err Eyeball... :-X

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Quote:

we are (probably?) the most technologically advanced nation in the world

Proliferation doesn't imply advancement.

You don't deserve my sig.

Go to: