Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Empire Allegro 2

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Empire Allegro 2
kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Wow, I can't believe it's taken me so long to get this game in working condition. I think my last post on this game was in spring 2005...

Anyway, I have a shiny new version out of my Advance Wars-type game with allegro.cc characters: Empire Allegro 2.

I've made a quick little web page for it, with screenshots and stuff here, so check it out and see what it's like.

Some side notes:

• Comes with source, and I even included a makefile this time around

• Despite the fact that this version has a player editor built right into the game, the avatars and their descriptions have not been updated in ages

• There's still no network play

So, any questions, comments, etc?

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Looks really promising, I have to hope that it'll work, otherwise it's time to get a new laptop.

edit: It's a pitty but the main menu flickers a lot and I'm not able to see mickey. :'(

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Have you tried other OpenLayer games on your computer? I've tested the game on several computers and never seen that problem.

-----

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

It's known issue for any OL programs running on my laptop, I have the privilegie to own one of the rare cards which is very OpenGL hostile.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Ah. Can't do much about it, then. :(

-----

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

There is no way to put your card into a software driver situation? Even if it is slow it might work for some games..

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Did you mean simulation? I don't know about any way, I spent hours searching ATI pages and googling for internet and found 0 OpenGL drivers, and Suse Linux told me that the gfx doesn't support it. But now it doesn't matter, hopefully I'll be buying a new laptop so things will get better I hope.

count
Member #5,401
January 2005

Wow. Looks very good!
Too bad I'm such a lousy player when it comes to strategy games. ::)

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

I'm currently playing around with DyConnect, so if everything works out the next version will include network multiplayer stuff too.

-----

Go to: