Member #1,565
October 2001

Quote:

OpenGL in 2D skills needed.

Simply download OL. Oh, and I just decided to charge 20 rupees per download! ;D

Mark Oates said:

- Audio/Sound Effects

:o You take Visa Electron, too? :D

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

Dustin Dettmer: Is this how you study? ::) "I pitty the..." - in the words of Mr T.

Its more of a time thing, I can do the assignments just fine, but work and my masses of projects take the majority of my time.

When I signed up for the class I figured it would be a breeze, but turns out the teacher picked some time intensive assignments

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

I added myself to the list as well. I don't have any jobs out yet though. :)

Quote:

Its more of a time thing, I can do the assignments just fine, but work and my masses of projects take the majority of my time. When I signed up for the class I figured it would be a breeze, but turns out the teacher picked some time intensive assignments.

Well we all have different moral standards I guess. :) Let's hope for your sake that when you look for work in the future your prospective employers won't Google this page up and find out how you conducted your studies.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

When I have time to sign up for jobs, I might add myself to the list (or if I have to jobs to give at least)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

many people said:

I agree with Miran.

Ok, then I'll up the initial fund to 100. I'll send out updates to those who have signed up shortly.

nonnus29 said:

I think the system should be setup to rely one additional thing: Programmer Pride.

Good point! I'll see if I can set up something that shows your current total income automatically. Perhaps I could show it as an auto-generated GIF that you can link in your sig? Suggestions?

Ultio said:

All other things aside; where are we going to promote this so we can get more people outside the realm of programming? This whole project is only going to be as good as the community that's going to back it and keep it alive.

That's right, and I don't think it's going to work for a huge online community, because there need to be social checks. If you'd want to do it internet-wide, you might as well use real dollars.

But a little promotion in other communities wouldn't hurt. The only requirement is that you have to get an account on allegro.cc.

Dustin said:

I'd like to post a job for someone to do my perl homework, anyone interested?

I might do it. If ReyBrujo still doesn't want to do it, let me know.

Fladimir said:

Simply download OL.

It is C only, sorry.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Kent said:

Let's hope for your sake that when you look for work in the future your prospective employers won't Google this page up and find out how you conducted your studies.

I already have an employer.

amarillion said:

I might do it. If ReyBrujo still doesn't want to do it, let me know.

You're hired. Attached are 5 or so assignments, pick whichever ones you feel like going.

[edit]
Hm, maybe we should decide on a rate first, what do you usually go for?

Quote:

Perhaps I could show it as an auto-generated GIF that you can link in your sig?

I'd put it in my sig if you had one.

Maybe you should get bonuses for getting high ratings in the depot. Without that loans are pretty much useless.

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

I think investing rupees in other projects is a neat idea. Like if I can convince everyone to give me their rupees so I can hire a lot of people or whatever. Of course here is where the problem becomes apparent. I don't make any rupees by finishing the project.

Maybe some bank can offer to pay rupees for a successfully completed project?

Marcello

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Marcello said:

Maybe some bank can offer to pay rupees for a successfully completed project?

Or even

Dustin said:

Maybe you should get bonuses for getting high ratings in the depot.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Or perhaps there could be a virtual boss. This non-existent boss virtually employs us as its workers. He then pays us rupees upon doing our job. What is our job? To work on our projects of course! We tell the VB (yes, virtual boss) this is where our project is going to be at this time and at that time, the VB pays us a small amount (like a paycheck). This way, we keep our motivation, make rupees and everybody's happy.

Actually, I can already see several cons to that idea, but I just want to get some ideas rollin'. That, or we all get paid 200 rupees everytime we pass Go.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

Mark Oates said:

- Audio/Sound Effects

:o You take Visa Electron, too? :D

... I don't get it ???

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

So, what about a nice site for this? I can host it, and do the PHP/mysql code underneath it for a small fee (in AR), assuming someone can be paid to make a nice design/template for it (I am no good at web design :P).

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

I'll design a site for 10 grand. :D

ReyBrujo
January 2001

The World Cup is near. Name a match, and I will give you how the odds are for it. Transfer up to 5 AC to my account, and if you get a hit, I will transfer the earnings back. For obvious reasons, I will only be able to accept bets until I reach my limit.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

The World Cup is near. Name a match, and I will give you how the odds are for it. Transfer up to 5 AC to my account, and if you get a hit, I will transfer the earnings back. For obvious reasons, I will only be able to accept bets until I reach my limit.

Speaking of that, how about a virtual betting programme? An easy way to make some money for those short on cash.

--
sig used to be here

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I could give my 100 AR as a loan. Anyone interested? Who pays best 6 months interest? If I ever needed my munny, it would be only after 6 months. (I hereby coined the noun "munny").

[edit]
How about share trading?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I hereby coined the noun "munny"

Oh really?

zer0
Member #6,501
October 2005

How about paying people for finished products? If you actually end up finishing something, maybe there can be some way that you earn back what you payed?

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Here are a few more ideas, borrowed from the open source world:

Donations. Had fun playing a game? Donate a few AR to the author. Nothing wrong with that. Are you using an add-on library a lot? Donate a few AR to the author so he can hire help to extend it. It should be entirely voluntary though. It never hurts to ask for small donations though.

Bounties. If you like to see a new feature added to an project or library, set a bounty, i.e. promise that you'll pay AR to the first person implementing that feature. Perhaps people can promise AR together and make the bounty really big.

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

Quote:

... I don't get it

I was referring to that you posted the credit card logos in your post :) I could buy a sound effect or two...

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

I could buy a sound effect or two...

That you could. ;) I should set up a sound effect/music library when people could pay with pAR-pal. :P

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

My rates 10 rupees per hour of work.

Maybe its just me, but I don't like the whole "per hour" bit with a thing like this. Since everyone starts with only 50 AR, don't you think 1 AR is worth a heck of a lot more than that? :o

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

The first transaction is in the books! Mark Oates is now the richest allegroid, with a total of 130 Rupees.

Indeterminatus
Member #737
November 2000

And who's the poorest? :D

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I suppose I can take part... I specialize in lowlevel lib making and GUI design with Qt4. allegro gui is possible but that costs more. Though anything done in qt4 will have to be open source.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

I have a job for someone who can draw pixel art (or alternatively make 3D models and render them). Nothing fancy, just some abstract shapes. Here's a copy of the job description I posted on the wiki:

Quote:

Drawing game gfx: I need graphics for a Bejeweled type of game. I need 7 jewels of different colours and shapes, preferably shiny and colourful. Board tiles are 48x48 so the jewels need to fit inside that. I'd also need tile gfx (two types, like for a chess board), panel borders and backgrounds, some overlays to indicate selected jewels and a nice shiny mouse cursor.

As for the system itself, I assume work is being done on a more sophisticated page. Something where people can open an account, initiate communication with other people and eventually close deals and perform munny transactions...

--
sig used to be here

Go to: