Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Follow-up: Frustration

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Follow-up: Frustration
Simon Parzer
Member #3,330
March 2003

About the "insane" edit button:
Why don't we ban knives? They could hurt people! ;D

I say it's a useful feature to being able to edit one's own posts, but it can also abused like everything else. If you don't like it, then don't use it and that's it.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Ahem

And this is not my real picture. Everyone knows a nazgul is an specter without shape, unless he needs to travel the land, in which he changes into a rider physical form, but is still a corrupted specter ;)

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Quote:

For me it seems he thinks he is the only one who is always right, no matter what everyone else say.

Um, no, that's me ;)

But quite honestly I've no idea what this thread is about. After checking this guys previous posts, I'm not even sure why he continues to post here?

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

I agree that most of the replies to Kimmo's post were less than helpful. The guy is in a bad way - sarcastic comments on his situation aren't exactly going to help him 'get over it'. We all know that when someone is angry and upset, the things they don't need to hear are:
"Hey, you are angry and upset - take my crumby advice and everything will get better", or
"Hey, you are angry and upset - too bad", or
"Hey, you're angry and upset - by the way, I think you suck!"
I know that if I'm even a little bit angry, and someone says: "You're getting angry" - that can make me get angry. I can try to ignore it, but my point is that it is anti-helpful.
You need to exercise some tact in these situations. Maybe you don't know what to say to help, that's ok, just don't say the things that make it worse. This is a forum - you have heaps of time to think about your reply before you let it fly. Obviously Kimmo is in an unstable situation, so put some time in to think about tact.

-----------

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Quote:

I agree that most of the replies to Kimmo's post were less than helpful. The guy is in a bad way - sarcastic comments on his situation aren't exactly going to help him 'get over it'. We all know that when someone is angry and upset, the things they don't need to hear are:

So what is the best way to deal with depressive people? Not saying anything at all? Completely ignoring them?

Quote:

"Hey, you are angry and upset - take my crumby advice and everything will get better"

I can't see, where anybody said "do this and everything will get better", i think people were merely giving some advice or sharing their experiences and left it open to him to decide, whether this would "make everything better" or not.

Quote:

"Hey, you are angry and upset - too bad", or
"Hey, you're angry and upset - by the way, I think you suck!"

I agree about those kinds of answers. They are extremely counter-constructive and not helpful at all. I got(and still get) very upset about answers like those myself, when i am the one who's complaining about something.(But "complaining", in this case, most probably does not do justice to the situation he feels, he is in. I don't know a more appropriate word for this.)

Quote:

Obviously Kimmo is in an unstable situation, so put some time in to think about tact.

I was only trying to help, i should have known better, that it is impossible to help someone with a serious depression.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

The only thing I'm going to say is that I've read the whole original thread and gave you expected answers, because there are no other possible answers to that request. You should think about yourself and about your self respect if you allow you to sit at home, do nothing and complain how unfair life is. Have you even tried to live? (rhetorical question).

Well this more than one thing.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I fear I've missed out on something good. Can someone post the original message.

Neil.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

Read the two recent "Frustration"-threads with the red heads...:)

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

It's not polite to not read more then 5% of the thread's text either, like 100% of the repliers did.

I guess I don't count to that 100% as I think I mostly responded to posts by others. Anyway, yes, I did read it.

Quote:

What's the point in keeping a thread when nobody reads it or even tries to understand it before posting their crap? I didn't expect a freakin' "solution".

You didn't get one. You got advice on how to find one.

My advice would be to try to work on your social skills. It's not easy to get that going but once you have started on it it becomes easier. In my opinion that's the only long term solution to your problems.
A good place to start is to stop swearing every other word.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I want to believe that after all this Kimmo won't be coming back. :D

-R

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

My avatar is Daigotsu as Bob Ross!

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Felipe Maia
Member #6,190
September 2005

I've got 3 possible solutions for Kimmo:
1- Finally do something right and manage to take your own life - worst one.
2- Get a life, instead of posting stupid things where you don't even care about the answears, go study, get smart, then go get a job.
3- Go find another forum and post there, people aren't suposed to help you or anything, if it only was a doubt on coding or something - best one.

With all my regards Kimmo, good luck.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

X-G said:

My avatar is Daigotsu as Bob Ross!

To honor Bob, you could add some "misty areas", which he seemed to like very much.;D

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Yes. And happy little sakura trees, and pretty little duelists. Maybe they live there. And happy oni tearing them to pieces...

http://www.monkeyblah.com/art/daigotsu-watercolor-hour.png

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

???
Heh, are you posting in right topic?

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

This thread is a wasteland anyway. Might as well put it to good use!

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Still, he should have a mountain in his picture. :)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Of course I know, I tried to be ironical :-/ but I failed :'(

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

{"name":"the_steel_gardens_of_the_kenshinzen.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/f\/af7d5ee3b9a909a2c3785b4d23398761.jpg","w":306,"h":428,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/f\/af7d5ee3b9a909a2c3785b4d23398761"}the_steel_gardens_of_the_kenshinzen.jpg

No mountains.

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Still you could add one. Just make one up like Bob did. :)

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

I think I saw that guy on TV when I was like, 3 or something.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

What is the card game that card belongs to?
And one personal question X-G: why you have "suspended" above your number?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

because he's hovering 3 feet above the air... ha

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

What is the card game that card belongs to?

Legend of the Five Rings.

Quote:

And one personal question X-G: why you have "suspended" above your number?

It means I float gently a few feet above the ground.

--

Go to: