Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Nicks and Avatars

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Nicks and Avatars
FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

In this thread you have to explain the meaning of your nick and your avatar ... i know people love to speak about themselfes :P

ok, so i'll start:

My nick: Mithrandir... well this is quite simple; Mithrandir is the name given to Gandalf by the people of Gondor (for the few who don't know what i'm talkin about... read a cute book named "The Lord of the Rings")

My Avatar: this is a bit more complicated... it seems a Christian cross but it isn't... the shape is formed by 4 "F"s. The 4 "F" stand for 4 italian words: "Forza" (strengh),"Fede"(faith),"Fiducia"(trust, confidence),"Fermezza"(firmness, fortitude) ... i actually got his idea from an italian comic "GEA".

your turn...

[edited]

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Avenger
Member #4,550
April 2004

Avenger: I just found the word somewhere, and use it because I like the word (not for what it means)

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Quote:

In this thread you should explain the meaning of your nick and your avatar

But we don't have to? Yay! So, what's the weather like around there wherever you live?

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

I don't have an avatar. Or a nick.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

But we don't have to? Yay! So, what's the weather like around there wherever you live

its quite sunny... now you actually have to... i edited

Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Avenger
Member #4,550
April 2004

Its sunny here too

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Mithrandir is the name given to Gandalf by the people of Gondor

By the Elves, actually.

Quote:

it seems a Christian cross but it isn't...

Well, if it's the same shape, then it is, even if you did not intend it to be.

Well, I guess it's been a while.
Evert is simply my name. As for my avatar, he's a character from a series of books I enjoy very much. He's the evil professor.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

i know people love to speak about themselfes

Perhaps, but I'd wager someone's nick/avatar is the least interesting thing about them...

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

My nickname was inspired by my actual name! :)

My avatar is a "Hello Kitty" pic, given the "Horrifyingly Undead Zombie" treatment by the guys in "Fab 5"

My quest is to knock your socks off

--
Specialization is for insects

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

X-G said:

I don't have an avatar. Or a nick.

X-G said:

Perhaps, but I'd wager someone's nick/avatar is the least interesting thing about them.

If you don't like this thread just click on Kill Thread...

BTW im just curious... is this a crime?

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Dag Erik Peter Sundling.

My avatar

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

If you don't like this thread

I didn't say that. I find it highly amusing. :P

Quote:

im just curious... is this a crime?

Crime? What is? Why would it be?

And my avatar is Fighter. I drew him myself. See monkeyblah for wallpaper.

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

BAF is my initials

my avatar... what is my avatar?

[edit]
oh yeah, avatar: i saw a similar avatar on the hackme or one of those hacking site forums, and changed the idea slightly.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

I didn't say that. I find it highly amusing.

im glad you don't need much to amuse yourself :P

BTW your wallpaper is really nice.

Come people! I really enjoy reading about your avatars and nick!! :)

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

im glad you don't need much to amuse yourself

You're the one who started the thread. ::)

--

Surt
Member #273
April 2000

I was never given the opportunity to choose a nickname, so I only have my name.

My avatar is a self-portrait.

---
--
-

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

And another thread, already on the bowl's edge to begin with, falls into the toilet with a loud splash. ::)

As for my avatar and nick, everyone knows anyway. This thread comes up so often on GameDev it drives me right bonkers.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Real name
Real picture. I was forced to join a forum due to a course and everyone had to attach their real picture in the profiles. Later on I animated it (so that some of you won't see it). Some asked how I managed to take the picture. For some it is obvious, some don't come to think about it at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

ReyBrujo: Spanish version of Witchking, so be careful with me, Mithrandir ;) And my avatar pictures a cow eating grass. Where is the cow? She left after finishing her meal. And the grass? Was eaten by the cow :) (sorry, old spanish joke, couldn't resist ;))

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

And another thread, already on the bowl's edge to begin with, falls into the toilet with a loud splash.

As for my avatar and nick, everyone knows anyway. This thread comes up so often on GameDev it drives me right bonkers.

???This is not GameDev and i don't even have an account on GameDev...

Quote:

My avatar is a self-portrait.

I'm sure that image is a fake, you can't be so nice-looking in real life ;)

Quote:

Spanish version of Witchking, so be careful with me, Mithrandir

Should I? afterall you are only a slave 8-)...

Quote:

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in darkness bind them,

Kris Allen
Member #4,639
May 2004

it's my name. God, i'm boring :(

I used to call myself 'Kameleon' (punnage on the K-instead-of-Ch business) until I realised how daft it sounded. Some company also made a remote control called that and copyrighted it ::)

- Kris

Rob Fletcher
Member #2,830
October 2002

"Rob" is short for "Robert", and that's as nicknamish as I get.

The picture was from an ill-fated graphic-novelly thing I kept starting but never finishing because of terrible planning. Someday, I'll write it first, then draw pictures. The guy is "Boris" and he's an engineer who makes spaceships.

Rob

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

This is not GameDev and i don't even have an account on GameDev...

So? :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

paranoima
Member #1,380
June 2001

Uhhh, hmmmmmm

Well, my nick is based on the title of an Art of Noise song called Paranoimia. However, when I first started using it, I was on EFNet (IRC) and it was limited to 9 characters. So Paranoimia became Paranoima (I didn't like it ending in I). As for the Avatar, its Max Headroom \o/. He is the voice on the song too.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

it's my name. God, i'm boring

Your avatar is nice :)

Quote:

So? :)

Stop yourself from being driven bonkers. (whatever this means... :) )

Quote:

The picture was from an ill-fated graphic-novelly thing I kept starting but never finishing because of terrible planning. Someday, I'll write it first, then draw pictures. The guy is "Boris" and he's an engineer who makes spaceships

I like your cartoonish style, i hope you will manage to finish the project

[edit]

Quote:

Well, my nick is based on the title of an Art of Noise song called Paranoimia.

never heard of the song (im not a big music fan, thought) but the avatar is c00l :=)

Go to: