Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » JPGAlleg not working--link errors

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
JPGAlleg not working--link errors
Matt Sarnoff
Member #3,657
June 2003

I just compiled the JPGAlleg library, version 2.1, and everything went well, but when I try to incorporate it into a program, I get all these linker errors:

C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x1126):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_r_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x1137):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_g_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x1147):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_b_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x11e5):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_r_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x11f8):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_g_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x1208):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_b_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x12de):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp__cpu_capabilities'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(encode.o)(.text+0x12e8):encode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_r_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x12d4):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_r_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x12df):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_g_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x12f0):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_b_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x13b1):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_r_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x13bc):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_g_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x13cd):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_b_shift_32'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x17ae):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp__cpu_capabilities'
C:\DEV-CPP\lib/libjpgal.a(decode.o)(.text+0x17b8):decode.c: undefined reference to `_imp___rgb_r_shift_32'

All these errors, and all I did was use the jpgalleg_init() function. I'm compiling a static-linked program with Dev-C++. The DUMB mod-playing library is also being linked with it as well (my program has music too). I'm compiling the program with these linker options:
-laldmd -ldumbd -lalleg_s -lgdi32 -ldxguid -lole32 -ldinput -lddraw -lwinmm -ldsound -ljpgal

I hate linker errors...
-matt

[url www.gamecreation.org] - Game Creation Society at CMU

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Try using:

-ljpgal -laldmd -ldumbd -lalleg_s -lgdi32 -ldxguid -lole32 -ldinput -lddraw -lwinmm -ldsound

instead. The link order matters.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

lillo
Member #303
April 2000

Bob is right. From JPGalleg readme.txt file, FAQ section:

Quote:

Q) I get a "undefined reference to: 'register_datafile_object'" message when
linking my program, while the examples shipped with the library compiled
nicely. What's wrong?

A) Try swapping the order with which you link Allegro and JPGalleg to your
program. This should solve the problem.

Ok, you don't get the error on that particular function, but you should have got the point.

--
Angelo Mottola
lillo AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net
Enhanced Creations++

Matt Sarnoff
Member #3,657
June 2003

I compiled the program as an alleg40.dll-dependent version, and put -lpgal first, and it works perfectly. Thanks.

Hey Angelo...back in my QBasic days, I used to make sound effects for my games with your Soundlab program--it was awesome.

Oh yeah...and Wetspot rocks!

-matt

[url www.gamecreation.org] - Game Creation Society at CMU

lillo
Member #303
April 2000

heh, thanks :)

note to self: should really finish new Wetspot some day...

--
Angelo Mottola
lillo AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net
Enhanced Creations++

Go to: