Azure RDP
Steve++

I signed up to Windows Azure for a free 3 month trial and created a small compute instance. But now I have no idea how to RDP into it or even ping it. Can anyone please enlighten me on this issue?

van_houtte

I know this wont help you solve the problem you're having, but on Amazons' AWS, one needs to create a key pair to log into their server(s). Azure's console should have some help me docs in the console management interface.

Matthew Leverton

With all due respect, have you tried Google? "Windows azure rdp" shows many promising links. Any reason why those aren't working?

Steve++

Look at the dates on those links. A lot has changed since then. The ones I started reading talked about getting an SDK for Visual Studio and creating some sort of project.

Anyway, I'm not that poor. I just fired up a Windows instance on Joyent and connected to that. Easy. It's only $0.29/hour.

van_houtte
Steve++ said:

Anyway, I'm not that poor. I just fired up a Windows instance on Joyent and connected to that. Easy. It's only $0.29/hour.

Kinda expensive....I get a micro instance on AWS form $.02 an hour, I'm running 3 micro instances and a Amazon RDS database (a cloud solution for mysql).

Since i'm still dev/testing mode, my bill came to 1.60$ last month. Lots of free features on Amazon's cloud for new users.

You can get 1 free micro instance (running windows if that's what you like) for free for a year. Their cloud database solution is free for couple of months as well.

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

Thread #609962. Printed from Allegro.cc