Allegro & Programming without code
Mahmoud Fayed

hi all

There are Framwork (Freeware & Open Source) for programming without code !
can be used with any (Programming Langauge / Development Tool)

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/doublesvsoop

this framework can be used with C/C++ & Allegro , and we can start now developing Games or any other type of software 100% without writing code at all.

this site presents a lot of files

just you need to download DoubleS Framework 1.0 (Stable) Rev.5 & SP1

the framework contains a lot of great designers

1 - Goal Designer , Domain Tree & Package Manager
to use programming without code , these tools are replacement for code editor
2 - Interaction Designer & Transporter Designer
to extend the programming wihout code framework to match your needs

the framework can be used based on any programming language (C/C++,Java,..etc)
and can support any human Language (English,French,...etc)

Learing curve of this framework is less than one week , but will change your programming life more than you expect !

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Goalie Ca
Quote:

and we can start now developing Games or any other type of software 100% without writing code at all.

I've worked with a completely graphical languages before, namely Ladder logic. It basically mimics declarative programming. Ladder logic is in a niche and the only true graphical languages will be domain specific languages (DSL). Why? Because you lack expresiveness. Imagine a graph.. now try to represent the function f x y = x^2 + 2*y. It is easy to mimic state transitions but somewhere you will have to deal with the math! A purely functional language will be your best bet but those are way too hard for any n00b to write code in.

Peter Hull

Salaam Alaykum!

Unfortunately it seems to be Windows only otherwise I would try it. Mahmoud, I read the pdf file and it's not 100% clear to me what your framework does. I can't see how it might work for an action game but it might be suitable for something like a MMORPG genorator?

For NSND zealots:
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/592812

Good luck,
Peter

nonnus29

I'm pretty sceptical as well. Like G.Ca said, you can declare stuff all day long, but you need some verbs at some point and ... Ummm, a 80MB download? I think I need more information before I try this... You might put up a website with some documentation and examples (other than screen shots).

Thomas Fjellstrom

Not to be too disrespectfull, but the Screenshot on the SF page makes it seem like its been completely over engeneered by a pure coder. That is, the interface looks like it may be quite confusing, and its just plain ugly :o

That said, I haven't downloaded it, I'm at my Sisters place, on my bro in law's computer, so I shouldn't really be installing stuff ;)

Steve Terry

Someone really likes pink and purple for the interface.

Thread #592622. Printed from Allegro.cc