[Free tool needed] SVG to EPS conversion utility.
kentl

I have googled but without any luck. So I am turning to you guys! I want to convert SVG to EPS fast using a free conversion tool. But I can't fine one by myself. I'm sure some of you use SVG. (I want to have it as EPS as I'm using LaTeX and want to stay vectorized.)

gnolam

http://www.inkscape.org

Can export to, among other things, EPS and TeX.

miran

I second inkscape. It's teh awesome.

kentl

IncScape seem to work great for this stuff. I whish I could use it as a command line tool as I'm only doing conversions, but this is fine as well. :) Thanks!

Ops! Not a cookie thread. Well if you both come to Västerås, Sweden I'll give you each a cookie. How's that?

Mark Oates

I was using Inkscape for a few months and had to do graphic design for an album. The CD duplication company had a small list of file types that they accepted so I had to use Adobe Illustrator CS. I found the controls pretty un-intuitive and so after I was done I went back to Inkscape. I had a new appreciation for it because it is easier to use, I just wish the quick-keys were a easier to press (ctrl+shift+f is one I use a lot).

I say go with the InkScape.

HoHo

I'm not 100% sure but perhaps ImageMagick could do the things you need. It is a commandline tool and seems to support lots of formats.

If you provide some example images I could try to converting them to whatever format you like.

gnolam

Inkscape (IMO) only lacks two things to become really great: a freeform deform tool like Illustrator's, and native PDF support.

Thread #583993. Printed from Allegro.cc